Friday, February 13, 2009

CHEERIO!
















GUESS who's back, back again. Stefan's back, to write again. Guess who's back, Guess who's back! Sorry got a little carried away I have an old Eminem song stuck in my head.




Cheers to everyone who is reading my blog. I think I am going to start using some British phrases until it gets old, but until then CHEERS to all my READERS!




So as an early Valentines gift to my wife I took her to LONDON to see the Phantom of the OPERA. I'm not going to sit here and say that it was the best trip I have ever been on because ROME is the best, but it was a good experience. I think everyone should take a trip to LONDON. The people there are nice, it is just awesome. Out of all of the places I have traveled to I felt most comfortable in London than I did in any other city. Possibly because I speak the same language as the BRITS! It was weird because other people that were in LONDON and were not speaking ENGLISH I would look at them like they were a bunch of tourist when in reality I was a tourist as well.


The first day I got there I was a little ticked off because it was raining and there was lots of traffic. The weather I can't really complain about because that was expected, but the traffic was not expected at all, it was awful. Other than the traffic and the weather the city was amazing. I loved it there. I have put some pics on my blog to show you all the amazing sites we saw.


The food was pretty good. My wife and I ate an English breakfast and I must say it was pretty interesting eating beans for breakfast. The beans were pretty good but their pancakes were awful. I don't want to be the one to claim that the BRITS can't cook pancakes, but the one place that I did eat pancakes at was awful. For lunch we also tried some fish and chips. We went to a restaurant that claimed they had the best Fish and CHIPS in town. So I definitely made sure to go there and try their fish and chips. It was nothing to spectacular. My wife claimed that it tasted a lot like LONG JOHN SILVERS. I never really ate there so I can't really say if she is right or not. Overall the dish is really not that spectacular.


Now the whole reason for the trip was to see the PHANTOM of the OPERA. It was alright. Its not like I was at the edge of my seat or anything, but all the performances were great. My wife loved it and that is all that matters. Its really more of a play that women will appreciate more than men.


Right now the Pounds to Dollars exchange rate is really good so if you want to go and visit LONDON now is the best time.


In general the trip was GREAT. It was a very successful trip. Nothing went wrong, everything went exactly as planned. There were a couple of sites that we would have liked to see, but there was not enough time to see it all. The city is really too big to even see everything in a week. We do plan on taking another trip to LONDON before we leave to LANGLEY and I can't wait to go back because it is the closes thing I have to the states.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It [ The Phantom of the Opera] was alright" What? Were you watching the same thing as me?? That show was absolutely brilliant. The effects and the music were awesome. You could tell a lot of hard work went in to creating that production. You didn't give it enough credit....Boo!

Allison said...

You guys look cute :) Yay for London! If you start talking like a Brit, though, I think you may find people (me included) making fun of you a lot.

Anonymous said...

I for one am so glad you're back and if talking like a BRIT is something else that will makeme laugh... You go right ahead! I have missed your blog postings, so again, I'm glad you are back!! I am creating my own BLOG, but I think I need Allison's help with the creation part.
I have heard that the Brits are not known for their food- I used to work with a British woman who claimed something called "spotted dick" was the best dessert around- sounds like something with a disease if you ask me!
See you at work this week- Capt B