

Today I went out to a German shooting range and shot some German guns. This is something not everyone is privileged of being able to go to. I was lucky enough to go because of the simple fact that I am a superb AIRMAN. Shooting the guns was a lot of fun; the waiting portion was awful. We were outside in the cold waiting to qualify with the guns. We spent more time waiting for our turn to shoot the gun than we actually did shooting the guns. It was a great experience for me, because I have only shot a gun once and that was at basic training. I was able to shoot a machine gun for the first time, that was COOL. I was also able to shoot a pistol for the first time which was also a great experience. We were also able to shoot a Rifle gun as well, which is very similar to our M-16 gun that the US military uses.
The amazing part about the whole thing was that I received a Gold medal which means that I qualified really high. I guess all of those hours I spent shooting guns on a video game were worth it.
I probably could go into more detail about the whole event but all you civilians out there really wouldn't know what I was talking about. So just know that I shot some really cool guns today and it was a lot of fun. LOL!

2 comments:
So, if we do get stationed together, you can protect me, too? I am so glad because the gun wielding babies can be really SCARY!!! Actually, I am more concerned about parents... like the twin's mom.lol
The last time I fired a weapon was Basic Training, too (in 1989). I qualified, but I'm convinced it is because the girl next me was such a bad shot and she kept hitting my target! I don't guess the fact that I had TOO many bullet holes on my target was suspicious. Oh, the smart folks of the military ;)
haha those are funny. I hope it will go by quickly, I am only on day 2 and it is killing me not talking to him or knowing hes ok. How does your wife do it?
Post a Comment