Friday, October 24, 2008

Ashamed to be a Houstonian!!!!!

So yesterday I went on another transport but this time it wasn't to the states but it was to a German hospital because one of the babies had an eye appointment. When we transport the kids we take an ambulance from the German economy. So I went on the transport and there were two German EMT's that went with us. When the baby was getting her eyes checked by the doctor the EMT's and I had to step out of the room. While we were waiting outside I started to talk to these guys about Germany and cool places I can go and hang out. One of the EMT's asked me where I lived in the states so I told them where I was from but I really didn't think they would know where Houston, Texas is located but oh they knew. They said "isn't Houston the number one fattest city?" At that point I was shocked. Like I am all the way in Germany and the Germans here know of Houston, Texas as the fattest city and not about the other cool things that are there, I really cant think of anything my self  but I know there is something cool about Houston. I did try to defend Houston by saying that we aren't the fattest city anymore that we are the third fattest but that really isn't any better either. I guess I would be proud of Houston having that honor of the fattest city if I was fat myself but I'm not. The whole reason I wanted to post this blog is to let y'all now that people all the way in Germany know that Houston is the fattest city in  American. 

1 comment:

Allison said...

That is when you say "Yeah, and didn't Germany have that whole holocaust thing?" Don't let it get you down. Houston is still better than ANY city in Germany ;)