
Just about 30 minutes ago the Americans 4x100 swim relay team won GOLD but not only did they receive gold they smashed the world record and Shut FRANCE UP in the process. I don't know if anybody saw this race but man it was amazing. The announcer didn't even think we could have won the GOLD! But man they pulled an amazing feat. The French team told the press on Sunday that they were going to "smash the US". It looked like they were going too until the last 10 seconds of the race when the last swimmer (Jason Lezak) came from behind and smashed the world record. You really have to have seen it to believe it. I mean it seemed like everyone was saying that the French were going to win this event. Even the American announcer was like "I don't see the US team winning this". I like honesty, but damn could he have at least left some possibility in Americans minds. The race was amazing, I was at the edge of my seat the whole time just because I would like Phelps to do the impossible (get 8 gold medals).

No comments:
Post a Comment