Sunday, March 1, 2009

Have no fear PETA!

I have recently just been notified that in August I will be going to Langley AFB,  in Virginia. Well it has just donned on me that 20 minutes from that base there is city called Newport News. If you are unfamiliar with this city, it was home to the Michael Vick scandal that took place about 2 years ago. So, I figured since I am going there I will Join the PETA organization and stop the VIOLENCE against dogs. So have no fear PETA, there is a new Sheriff in town. I will arrest any one I see causing harm to animals. Just in case many of you didn't know I am a GERMAN sharpshooter.


Thinking about this whole Michael Vick situation got me to thinking about what the public felt about this situation. So, today I decided to wear one of my old Michael Vick jerseys. I wanted to see if I would get any negative vibes from other people. Surprisingly, I did not, but I did get questioned about as to why I was wearing his jersey. So, we got into a whole argument about Michael Vick. My defense was yeah he did commit a horrible crime but he also did his time. I believe that we should forgive him for his mistake and allow him to move on with his life. So, what I would like to know is how do you feel about Michael Vick? Do you think he should be allowed to play football again when he gets out of prison? Or do you think he should have done more time in prison other than the 2 years he got?

Nosilla make sure you reply to this blog because I am really interested in seeing what you have to say. 

Can't wait to see all of your replies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in response to your topic, I believe that he should be able to play football after he has completed his sentence.

I do not think anyone that has been properly punished and shows remorse for their actions should continue to be punished.

Unlike some people that have recently been in the spotlight for making violent mistakes ** cough cough** Chris Brown. I think Michael Vick will sincerely have learned his lesson.

I am not saying that immediately when he gets out of jail they should sign him up for endorsements. They should just take it slow and let him be a bench warmer for a couple of games, gradually let him bring out his talent.

Becky said...

Well, AmnLangley, I think he shoud be allowed to move on with his life as well, provided that he not only serves his time, but that he take ownership of the part he played in the crimes committed. Now, I have to admit, I did not keep up with the entire saga of this particular incident, but I do know the basic issues. I should hope that Michael Vick is a big enough person to step up and admit his error in judgement and in the future speak out against the very thing that brought him down.
He is a perfect example that not every famous athlete can get away with crimes against others (OJ).

Jan said...

PETA doesn't protect animals. They have killed 97% of pets entrusted to their care.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Jan said...

PETA also wanted all of the Vick dogs killed without an evaluation. They lost and the dogs were evaluated and rehabilitated by other animal groups.

Allison said...

I'd love to reply with some eloquent response, but to be honest, I don't know one thing about the Michael Vick situation. I don't tend to pay attention to sports-related news, especially when it is in regards to professional athletes acting like idiots. :)